My name is Kenneth Gonzalez and this is my site. Thanks for stopping by. I think that the best way to get to know someone is to let their work speak for them. To that end, I am hoping that this blog and what I link to will do just that. Still, I figured that you’d probably want to know a little about me, so I thought I’d prime the pump a little bit and give you some basic background.
Most of the time, you’ll see me referred to (or refer to myself) as “kengon.” This is my nickname, not an error! More about this later…
I like to describe myself as having a “checkered past,” mainly because it’s easier than describing all of the things that I have actually done. From a technology perspective, I have extensive experience in systems/software design and development, support and operations. No, I haven’t done it all, but I’ve come pretty close to it! Because of this, I bring significant technical and business leadership skills to those I work with or serve. I have worked in technology since 1984 and have worked in multiple roles from that of an individual contributor to executive management. I have spent most of my career working as part of professional services organizations, but I have also been an educator and spent time as part of “End User” organizations. My most recent experience has been around being an industry analyst and executive advisor.
Some key points to remember
- I have a full-time job working for a prominent company. I don’t need to be doing this — I want to be doing this!
- Anything that I say or write here are representative of my personal thoughts, opinions, and positions, not that of my employer or their body of materials.
- I will NOT offer explicit commentary about my employer, the body of work, or any products/services they offer.
- If you want to talk with me about that, contact me through appropriate channels and I’ll be happy to engage on that.
- Much of what I want to talk about are questions, topics, or things that I am questioning or are unsure about. I cannot guarantee or represent that everything are “fully baked” ideas or work products. Part of the benefit here is having a venue where I can “work thoughts out.” If it’s messy, it’ll be messy — so be it!
Welcome to kengon 2.0!
This page has various (sub)pages associated with it. The page titles should be reasonably self-explanatory. Please review them, if you are so inclined.
Thanks for stopping by and paying attention to the site. I appreciate it and look forward to interacting with you!